Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Senior Healthcare - In Home Healthcare


Senior Healthcare - In Home Healthcare
  
** I wrote this blog when I was working with seniors and helping them with their finances by doing Reverse Mortgages.

Okay, so I just know that if my momma had to be moved into a nursing home, it would literally kill her.  She has been in that same house since 1959 and it's simply her comfort zone.  But, if I had to take care of her myself, I couldn't work and help my family out.  So, the answer, is IN HOME HEALTH CARE.

senior man
Now I know she has "LONG-TERM CARE INSURANCE", but it really isn't going to be that big of a help, because obviously in-home care is extremely expensive.  So I would really be stuck between the proverbial rock and a hard place. If I were independently wealthy, I could just pay for it myself, but unfortunately, like so many other out there, it would break the back of my family's piggy bank.
A heartbreaking story, isn't it and it occurs way too often in this day and age and especially in this economy. But, there is GOOD NEWS; there is HOPE!

My momma owns her house outright (no your house does not have to be paid off) and she's over the age of 62.  So literally, in this case, a REVERSE MORTGAGE would literally save her life.  I could put her home into a reverse line of credit and use that money to help offset what costs her insurance wouldn't cover. 

In my travels, I have run into similar stories, even in my short amount of time in this field.  A lady taking care of her sister after a massive stroke, a daughter who can take care of her father at night but must work during the day... and sometimes adult day care is not an option.

This is one reason I went into this field - no not for my momma, but to provide solutions to the vast and growing amount of seniors who truly need some form of financial security and help.

I hope if you run into anyone in your travels who is in need of help, you'll remember that the FHA reverse loan is a great option for those that need it!

And remember, if you have any questions or need help with either real estate or Reverse Mortgage, please contact me as I understand both sides.
Warmest Regards,
Linda K. Mayer,

Realtor, Office Manager  
License # 01767321
A Realtor you can Trust!
(626) 824-8927 Cell
(909) 670-2711 Direct
LindaKMayer@live.com
Linda's Website

No comments:

Post a Comment