Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Resloutions Are Made to be Broken: Unless...


Resloutions Are Made to be Broken:  Unless...

Okay, so I was reading this article in Relevant Magazine - my son's girlfriend Sarah always shares the best articles - I love her! <3

It's that time of year when everyone is making their New Years's Resolutions and some of you have even blogged about them.  Many of you are only writing business plans as resolutions - and everone knows, resloutions are made to be broken.  So I thought I'd share this article which is all about how to KEEP your plans intact.

Now you may start in on me at this point - that things change and plans do too, so let me stop you right there.  Resolutions are a living, breathing thing and are subject to change as the need arises.  You may start out in one direction and find that it's better for you or your business in another.  This is not breaking anything, but simply being smart.

calvin and hobbs
One fantastic idea is to use the buddy system.  One might call this an accountability partner or a sounding board.  I think we all work better if we have to report to someone who will give us praise and/or punishment.

Another thought is related to the gym.  So when you make all of your resolutions about just one thing, such as business, you may have cut arms while your abs are all squishy and look like they belong on a different body.  This is why it's important to make small changes or well rounded changes to every aspect - physical, spiritual, professional, social and personal life.

There's a whole lot more on ways to stay on track in the article.  We should all read it - numerous times! (I mean especially me, as I'm not great at this.  Really, is anyone?)

So, once again, here's to a fantastic New Year!

Warmest Regards,
Linda K. Mayer,

Realtor, Office Manager  
License # 01767321
A Realtor you can Trust!
(626) 824-8927 Cell
(909) 670-2711 Direct
LindaKMayer@live.com
Linda's Website

No comments:

Post a Comment