Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Five Great Things about Owning Your Own Home


Five Great Things about Owning Your Own Home

Okay, so in order to stay on top of real estate and my area I do a lot of reading. (I know this surprises you greatly!  LOL) Some of the articles have to do with real estate in general, some are local market statistics and pricing, and some are events or information about the local commiunities.  This is why I can call myself a local real estate expert - because I stay on top of the issues in my areas.

The other day I was reading this great article which I found on LinkedIn.  (I never knew that LinkedIn would have such great information on real estate, but every once in a while the articles there are very infomative. Who knew!)  This article was about the benefits of owning your own home and some of them are different from the normal regular articles.

For instance, one of the points was about relationships.  When you rent, especially in an apartment, people come and go, it's a regular revolving door of people and relationships.  But when you own a home, you get to know your neighbors, borrow a cup of sugar, etc.  And maybe, if you're lucky enough, you'll move into a neighborhood where they have block parties.  I have always wanted to live in one of those kind, where everyone knows everyone and are friends and are there to help each other just in case.

home
Another point was the predictibility of your mortgage payments.  Naturally when you live in a rented home, the rent payments change, usually every year and you're never quite sure how much the payment will increase.  If you happen to have a fixed mortgage on your new home, you will know exactly how much your payments will be from month to month, year to year.

Naturally, there are some of the same points such as equity and tax benefits.  But the article is worth reading, so simply click the above link and read if you're thinking of buying your own home soon.

If you are interested in buying or selling or simply have questions about real estate, please feel free to contact me.  I will be more than happy to assist you!

Warmest Regards,
Linda K. Mayer,

Realtor, Office Manager  
License # 01767321
A Realtor you can Trust!
(626) 824-8927 Cell
(909) 670-2711 Direct
LindaKMayer@live.com
Linda's Website

No comments:

Post a Comment