Saturday, April 27, 2013

Tackiest Prom Dresses - Tackiest Homes


Tackiest Prom Dresses - Tackiest Homes
Written BY: The Barefoot Realtor

Okay, so I was browsing the internet this morning, just like a ton of other mornings, coffee in hand.  I saw this horrible story about the tackiest prom dresses this year and you know I just had to look at the pictures.  My mind was telling me, look away, look away.
prom dress

It got me to thinking, some of the homes we see in showing or previewing are pretty bad.  I've seen things where walls inside have been totally grafittied and called art.  I have seen children's murals painted obviously by the owner that looked extremely awful.  I have seen old kitchens with the obviously still 1940's hardware that nobody bothered to change out.

And during this housing "crisis", I have seen owners ready to lose their homes do unspeakable things inside.  Bullet holes in the walls, stuff smeared all over, kids allowed to paint and color all over.  I have even seen the granite (that is custom fitted to this kitchen and will fit nowhere else) taken out.  Really, the granite?

bad decor
On the flip side, I have seen people who care very much for their home.  Beautiful decorating, amazing paint colors and fabulous artwork.  I have seen great room additions, fabulous kitchen remodels and amazing master bedrooms.

When you walk into a home looking to purchase it, what do you see?  Do you see the potential of putting your mark on the place, or are you caught up in someone else's choices?  Can you picture your furniture and art there, or are you bound by what you see?

Just a side note:  I loved the first two prom dresses.... does that make me tacky?  LOL

If you have real estate questions or need a free home valuation for your house, please don't hesitate to contact me.  And always if you are looking to buy or sell in the SoCal 210 Corridor, I am your go-to girl!

Serving the 210 Corridor - the cities of Monrovia, Duarte, Azusa, Glendora, San Dimas, La Verne, Claremont, Upland, Pomona, Chino, Chino Hills, Rancho Cucamonga and Fontana - wherever the need arises.

Warmest Regards,
Linda K. Mayer, Realtor, SRES

License # 01767321
A Realtor you can Trust!
(626) 824-8927 Cell
LindaKMayer@live.com 
Linda's Website (Home Search
Reliable Senior Help

No comments:

Post a Comment