Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Other Side of The Coin


The Other Side of The Coin

Okay so, most of these blogs have been written from the Realtor's perspective.  But since we are in the middle of short-selling our home, I decided to write about it from a sellers/renters perspective.  It's always nice for a seller or buyer to know that we understand what they are actually going through and how they are feeling.

Let me start with trying to lease a house.  For starters, we looked at like 15 homes in the area we wanted to be in.  My husband gets easily tired of doing the same thing, so this was broken up in to different days and times.  And we finally narrowed it down to two.  We submitted an offer on choice number one about a month ago.  No answer, no answer, no answer. Finally I had to threaten to go to another home if I didn't get an answer.  REALLY?  How do some agents stay in business? And the things he asked for to lease the house... pictures of the dogs, pictures of the family, he came over and took pictures of our current home... again I ask, REALLY?

On home number two, the agent kept contacting me.  What a difference.  He suggested three or four different homes for us to preview.  He texted me repeatedly letting me know he was really trying to help us out.  He never asked to see the dogs or come to our home.  He was courteous and friendly.
our new home
Anyway, long story short, we got our home and will be starting to move October 15th... the dogs will be happy, the kids are excited and we got a DEAL.

Stay tuned for part two!

So if you are thinking of moving into my area of Southern California, please don't hesitate to contact me for more local information and listings.  I understand where you are coming from as a seller/buyer/renter, and I will be more than happy to answer any questions and get you on the right path to homeownership!

Serving the 210 Corridor - the cities of Monrovia, Duarte, Azusa, Glendora, San Dimas, La Verne, Claremont, Upland, Pomona, Chino, Chino Hills, Rancho Cucamonga and Fontana.

Warmest Regards,
Linda K. Mayer, Realtor
License # 01767321
A Realtor you can Trust!
(626) 824-8927 Cell
LindaKMayer@live.com

No comments:

Post a Comment