Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Summer Reading Programs in San Dimas CA


Summer Reading Programs in San Dimas CA

Okay, so when I was a little girl I loved summertime as I'm sure most of you did too.  But I really loved the summer reading programs at the library.  My mom would sometimes drop me off and let me stay for a couple of hours and I would check out books and listen to records (ya, we had records back then) of The Osmonds, The Jacksons and so on.  (And my son says my first boyfriend was a dinosaur.)

The library in San Dimas has wonderful programs planned for the summer.  
1.The kickoff will be June 16th with two magicians, some crazy puppets and various workshops for the kids.  (SIGNUPS ARE REQUIRED for the workshops.)  

2. For the teens:  San Dimas High requires volunteer hours for graduation and the library has places for you to get your hours!  Call them at (909) 599-6738 for further information.

3. Incoming 7th-12 graders can OWN THE NIGHT @ YOUR LIBRARY.  Signups are online or in the library on June 16th and the program runs every Thursday starting the 21st at 3PM.

4. For the Adults: Signup online to read or listen to books and write short reviews.  You will be entered to win a Kindle Fire and there are prizes just for signing up!  There will also be various workshops available such as a cooking class, a popotillo art class and a paper-making workshop just to name a few.  

San Dimas, like it's neighbor La Verne, is on the county library system giving you access to many more books.  You can order a book from a county library and they will let you know when it comes into San Dimas.  How easy is this!
You can read more about it HERE (it takes a little bit to download, but it's worth it) or you can go online at www.copublib.org/srp.

And if you are thinking of moving into the area, definitely pick a local expert and someone you can trust.  I will be more than happy to answer your questions or help you with your real estate needs!

No comments:

Post a Comment