Wednesday, April 18, 2012


WRITTEN BY LINDA K MAYER FOR A BLOG CONTEST ON ACTIVE RAIN

Stress Relief, Steel Magnolia's Style - Here, Hit Ouiser!
  
Okay, so I just love movies with one-liners.  The original Arthur with Dudley Moore and Liza Minelli comes to mind.  That one doesn't get old... "Don't mess with me, Burt Johnson" and "Oh, you're a hedge!"... We just saw it again about a month ago and it hasn't aged like some movies do.

arthur dudley moore
But the movie that mostly comes to mind when thinking of my real estate career is Steel Magnolias. It reminds me of some deals where things get really crazy and people's attitudes get out of hand while trying to accomplish what needs to happen for their client(s).  I mean, in the past month I have had such a DOOSIE of a deal.  If it could go wrong, if it could be misunderstood, it definitely was.  Sometimes I'm sure all parties involved felt like just hitting something just to relieve stress!


Thankfully, it never comes to this.  Escrow, title, each Realtor and each buyer/seller have cool heads and reason usually prevails.  The deals get done and my sleep patterns resume like nothing ever happened.  And I feel a huge sense of accomplishment, getting the best deal for my client and getting everyone through the process in one happy piece.

After all, that's our job as Realtors; peacemakers, communicators and just people who can get the job done.

Warmest Regards,
Linda K. Mayer,
Realtor, Office Manager  
License # 01767321
A Realtor you can Trust!
(626) 824-8927 Cell
LindaKMayer@live.com

No comments:

Post a Comment