Friday, November 11, 2011

A Special Tribute To My Vets - Happy Veteran's Day

A Special Tribute To My Vets - Happy Veteran's Day
 
I read a blog by Mike Cooper today and my mind started racing. This is for all the service members out there who put their lives on the line for my life each and every day.  But I need to pay special tribute to some special Vets.
 
I'd like to start with my cousin who was in the Army for an entire career.  He recently retired and is living out a civillian life with his wife, six kids and one grandson.  I can't thank him enough for everything he had to learn, for every one of his three trips overseas in combat.
 
My son-in-law was on the air craft carrier the MIDWAY during the Persian Gulf War which is now a museum complete with planes in San Diego, California.  
 
My amazing adopted son Bill is in North Dakota at the Air Force Base there.  Happy Veteran's Day, Mr. Bill!  You make me proud every day!  Come home soon so we can have Christmas in our pajamas in the rain again...
 
To all the brave friends of my kids who have selflessly gone over in all branches and all services THANK YOU.  
 
The list goes on and doesn't stop.  However, I have to take a minute to pay tribute to someone from my town of LA VERNE who also happens to be the cousin of my friend Becky Compton.  Cory Hiltz was killed in action on June 28, 2007.  He was only 20 years old.

military crosses
 














I don't think I could ever express adequately how much your service - your fighting for our freedoms - means to me personally and to us as a nation.  Your sacrifice willnever be forgotten.

Warmest Regards,
Linda K. Mayer,

Realtor, Office Manager  
License # 01767321
A Realtor you can Trust!
(626) 824-8927 Cell
(909) 670-2711 Direct
LindaKMayer@live.com
Linda's Website

No comments:

Post a Comment