Wednesday, October 5, 2011

AGENTS - ARE WE ALL AS ETHICAL AS WE'RE SUPPOSED TO BE?


AGENTS - ARE WE ALL AS ETHICAL AS WE'RE SUPPOSED TO BE?

Okay so as a Realtor we have a code of ethics that we are supposed to follow or risk losing our license or possibly worse consequences than that!  So when I came uponthis article in the LOS ANGELES TIMES, I couldn't help but be surprised.  I guess I shouldn't have been, what with the current economic state, but I really was shocked.


The title got me right away - Real Estate agent Squats in Laguna Beach Home, client  alleges.  Really, an agent who is squatting in his client's home and using it for an office?  And the client further claims that this particular agent forged signatures on documents during the escrow which she was contractually obligated to go forward with in spite of her misgivings.  Wow, no wonder Realtors have a bad name!


It reminded me of a blog I wrote in February called, "Squatters: When Is Enough Enough?"  In this blog, the agents were going around from house to house, not necessarily their own listings.  


keys


These are two examples of when a client should trust their own instincts and run away screaming get out of the deals they have going.  If you don't trust your agent, you should go find another that you can trust.




This is a very good reason my tag line is "A Realtor You Can Trust".  I strive to do everything on the up and up, and really, you won't find me squatting in your house, that's for sure!


If you are interested in buying or selling or simply have questions about real estate, please feel free to contact me.  I will be more than happy to assist you!

Warmest Regards,
Linda K. Mayer,

Realtor, Office Manager  
License # 01767321
A Realtor you can Trust!
(626) 824-8927 Cell
(909) 670-2711 Direct
LindaKMayer@live.com
Linda's Website

No comments:

Post a Comment